AUSTEMPERED DUCTILE IRON - ADI
Austempering is an isothermal heat treatment process which significantly improves both the strength and wear resistance of ductile iron whilst retaining the impact resistance and ductility for which the material is noted.
ADI is characterized by its spheroidal graphite nodules spaced within the matrix. These nodules reduce micro segregation of solutes within the material. For ADI, the material has been Austempered such that the matrix is transformed into ausferrite, or a mixture of acicular ferrite and austenite. The microstructure is used to classify ADI into grades, which depend on the heat treatment process and not the composition of the material.
A.D.I. is a proven cost-effective alternative to cast and forged steel and offers the following advantages
TECHNO RINGS has been into ADI business from 2012 and has its own Austempering plant in-house from 2016, has experience in producing components for various applications within the automotive, agricultural, construction, trailer, mechanized handling and other industries. TECHNO RINGS can produce 300 Tons of ADI Components Monthly.
We offer advice and technical assistance in ensuring the suitability of A.D.I. for each unique application, including prototype and pre-production development as required.
ADI PLANT CAPACITY
- Furnace Capacity : 650 kgs x 3 Nos
- Salt Tank Size : Length – 05 Mtrs Width – 3.2 Mtrs Height – 2.8 Mtrs
- Batch Size : 500 Kgs
- Furnace Size : Length – 1.85 Mtrs WIDTH – 0.75 Mtrs HEIGHT – 0.75 Mtrs
- Salt Bath Capacity : 12,000 Ltrs, Ratio : 1: 20
- Installed SCADA control system, atmosphere control system,2 nos good agitating system for each furnaces, quench time from austenizing to Austempering furnace measured and controlled within 30secs
- 300 tons per month capacity
- Pre Heating Furnace : 600 Kgs
- Washing Machine : 4 Stage Washing
GRADES MANUFACTURED AT TECHNO RINGS
The minimum mechanical properties are shown in the following table which is the ASTM A897M-90 A.D.I. specification